Sunday, August 19, 2018

China: Green Lotus Hotel

So, I was so excited to have the hubs home after he was gone for a week that I forgot to do my China Sunday post this morning.  Well, better late than never!  Next stop:  the Green Lotus Hotel in Guilin.


See the original pictures here.  Again, Missy is the one who takes pictures inside hotel rooms ;)  We got up early one morning to take pictures in the hotel's courtyard though, I still love those uniquely shaped hills.  And I found a lotus stamp in my stash to go along with the hotel's name.


I love the color palette for today:  Garden Green for the page base, Lemon Lime Twist makes the mats pop, Soft Sky patterned paper, a pop of Real Red, and some Whisper White.

On our way to the airport, we did two last stops in Guilin: the Reed Flute Caves and the China Odyssey Tours offices.


These two layouts are repeats though, see more info here.


I like these layouts, I think the black page base makes them more dramatic.

That's it for today, y'all.  Next Sunday I have the very last page in the Shanghai/Guilin album, which means we're at roughly the halfway point for the China books...I think I have a few more pages in the Xi'an/Beijing album.  I'm still very, very happy that I finished these books!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, Green Lotus Hotel layout:
Stamps:  Rough Type, Friends Never Fade
Ink:  Garden Green, Lemon Lime Twist, Real Red, Soft Sky, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Garden Green, Lemon Lime Twist, Thick Whisper White, Soft Sky DSP
Accessories:  Lettering Template

No comments: