Friday, August 24, 2018

Birthday Margaritas?

So I sat down in my craft room yesterday and not five minutes later, Ryan woke up from his nap and started crying.  Usually he doesn't wake up crying, we think maybe he's teething?  I finished making a really really REALLY fast card and went to grab him, and never got back to writing a blog post for it.  Doesn't matter since I didn't like the card anyway, and last night Ryan grabbed it and kinda crumpled it but that's pretty much what I thought of the card so that's okay.  So today I just got a few minutes and I made this!


I bought Lemon Zest kind of on a whim, and I don't think I've used the coordinating punch very much, but I'm using the stamps more often than I thought I would!  I was inspired to make some limes by the Paper Players challenge:


I paired that with a sketch from Inkspire Me:


Okay, I'm kinda loving this sketch.  My card base is Lemon Lime Twist; I cut a piece of thick Whisper White cardstock to be 1/2 inch shorter than a standard card front, and then I adhered a 1/2 inch strip of Call Me Clover on top of the white.  It's amazing what a clean, graphic feel those two 1/2 inch bands of green give this card!  Stampin' Up!, I want MOAR FROOTZ PLEASE because this would be fun with apples and strawberries and pumpkins and why are there no pumpkin stamps in the new holiday catalog?!  I may be busting out last year's stamps this fall.

Anyway, Ryan just started to make noise again.  At least I got a card done today that I actually LIKE!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lemon Zest
Ink:  Lemon Lime Twist, Call Me Clover, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Lemon Lime Twist, Call Me Clover, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Wink of Stella

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Looks yummy! I love the colors. This card is simple, but very effective and cheerful. I like it. Now I want a margarita. Oh, it's only 8:00 in the morning. Ha! This thought will probably stay with me for the rest of the day, though.

Andrea und Annemarie said...

I am glad you liked my sketch! I, on the other hand, like your lemon card :-) Thanks for playing along at IN{K}SPIRE_me this week! ~ Annemarie