Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Space, the Final Frontier

Hey y'all!  The hubs had yesterday afternoon off, and kiddo absolutely REFUSED to take a nap, but my wonderful hubby took the kid outside to play so I could make a card.


I used the Northern Lights technique to make my background.  I would have chosen some slightly different colors if I'd looked at the Fusion inspiration picture again before I made it though:

I used some pink and orange, and I would have gone more for aqua and purple if I'd looked at this again, but I'm okay with how my galaxy background looks.  Though perhaps I'll give it another shot ;) The stars are done by stamping the splatter from Waterfront on the cardstock with Versamark and heat embossing with clear powder before I started sponging on all the other colors.  There's several stamp sets with splatters in them, Waterfront just happened to be the one I saw first (Magical Mermaid would be great too).

That's it for me today, y'all.  Have a good 'un!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Waterfront, Little Twinkle
Ink:  Versamark, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Pacific Point, Night of Navy
Paper:  Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Thick Whisper White, Silver glimmer paper
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits, clear EP

5 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

How nice of your DH to allow you time to create this lovely galaxy card! So glad you were able to join us at Fusion!

Tanya said...

This is absolutely stunning. I love the background! I'll have to learn this technique!

Claire said...

A brilliant night sky you've created - loving the splattered stars over it and you've picked the perfect sentiment! Thanks for playing along with Fusion!

Linda Callahan said...

Your background is glorious! Gorgeous card!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous background and perfect sentiment - fabulous! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)