Friday, August 17, 2018

Grrr, Arrgh

Ya know, sometimes I just have an off day in the craft room when nothing seems to turn out quite like I want it, and that's happened to me two days in a row this week.  Maybe because I've been working at night instead of in the afternoon during kiddo's naptime?  I don't know, but I hope it sorts itself out soon because I'm just not happy with today's card.


I liked the color and sketch challenges I used (I'll get to those in a minute), but my card just isn't wowing me.  Well, not every card can be my favorite, right?  The floral image is from the hostess set Pressed Flowers, which reminds me of the very old Art of Life (I was sure I had used that stamp set at least once, but I couldn't find it in my archives) and this card is its maiden voyage.  Perhaps its second journey will be a bit better.

Here's the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge:


And the Inkspire Me color challenge:


I think those would be great Christmas colors.

That's it for me today, y'all.  Have a great Friday!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pressed Flowers, Lots of Happy
Ink:  Tranquil Tide, Rich Razzleberry, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Thick Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Metallic Sequins, Wink of Stella

5 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Lovely take from the sketch!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Christin said...

I know those days too, but I think only we don't like our cards. I love your card:) They're will be my favorite christmas colors:)

Unknown said...

Oh, I like it! I am impressed by your one layer card - mine look mostly boring. Thank you for joining us at Inkspire me!

Tanya said...

I think it turned out so pretty! :)