Thursday, August 16, 2018

Autumn Frost

Hey kids!  How's your Thursday going?  I've got to take kiddo to the doctor for his 18-month checkup and he's going to get shots, so my morning is going to be not so fun.

So let's start with a card.


So I got a couple of new stamp sets from the upcoming holiday catalog, and I find it amusing that I used a stamp set called First Frost to make a card with a buncha yellows and oranges.  I'm not really in love with this card though; the idea looked a lot better in my head than it turned out I think.  I do really love this stamp set though so I'll give it another go...and there's some coordinating patterned paper that is GORGEOUS.

I started with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And I actually followed the sketch exactly this time.  Then I added in the Paper Players color challenge:


This is the color combination I was talking about yesterday where I thought I'd give a brayer background another try, but instead I sponged the colors on the circle element and the rest of the card is neutrals.  I tried it with a black card base, and a white one, and I thought any of the challenge colors would just be orange/yellow overload, which is how I landed on Smoky Slate.

At any rate, I'm gonna take the kiddo up to the Y this morning so we keep our routine as close to normal as we can, and then it's off to the doc.  Wish us luck.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  First Frost
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody, So Saffron, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Paper:  Smoky Slate, So Saffron, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits, Dimensionals, White EP

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

That set is pretty and I agree, the papers are gorgeous! But I like what you did with it using the warm hues too! Thanks for sharing this with the Players this week and playing with my colors!

CCsMom said...

I always dreaded those doctor appointments. I think it affected me much more than it did you and Adam. Good luck!

I do like this card. LOVE the oranges and yellows!

Jan Clothier said...

I can't quite believe that your little one could be eighteen months old! It only seems a few months since we read about him being born! This is a lovely set and I'm always a sucker for some gorgeous sponging and ink blending, so I really like this card. I do like the stamping you've done on the card base too. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players again, Christy.

stampwithsandy said...

Christy, your card is simply beautiful! I love the simple sillhouette, and the colors look great against the gray background. So glad you shared with us at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Hope your trip to the doctors wasn't too traumatic Christy - I remember those days well! I love the focal point circle of your card, it has a real depth of colour and what a great way to demonstrate the versatility of this set. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh how lovely! Your choice of colours is just awesome and I love the effect you've given your circle. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!