Thursday, December 3, 2015

Blue Christmas

Day 3 of Christmas cards.  Is it January yet?

BAH HUMBUG.


But I made a Christmas card anyway because I just couldn't resist the color challenge at Cupcake Inspirations:


I used Tempting Turquoise (just a smidge), Night of Navy, and some gold foil paper.  Those ornament cupcakes are SO pretty.

I also used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And I realized this morning that my card works with the Paper Players tic-tac-toe challenge too, happy accident.


I've got snowflakes on the patterned paper, sparkle or shine with the gold foil and gold EP, and I used the Banners Framelits for the sentiment panel.  Hey, it even works across the middle to use blue, shiny stuff, and embossing.  Or down the right side to do white, embossing, and a die cut.  Dang, I'm a tic-tac-toe queen and I didn't even know it.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cozy Christmas
Ink:  Versamark, Night of Navy, Tempting Turquoise
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Night of Navy, gold foil, Season of Cheer DSP
Accessories:  Gold EP, clear EP, Banners Framelits

10 comments:

CCsMom said...

I LOVE that, Chris. I really like how you sponged the blue behind the Santa and his reindeer, and the colors are GREAT. So awesome. I don't understand why you are so "Bah Humbug". Especially when you are MY DAUGHTER. What in the world happened? Did I cause that in some way? (Now's the time when you can lay some guilt on your mother.) Maybe I was too over-the-top with it. It is my absolute craziest time of the year, I must admit, and I do put way too much on myself. But I love the smells; I love the hustle and bustle of holiday shoppers; I love the COLORS. Yeah, it's a great time of year. Would you just rather pass right over it into January? Even though you were born in January, January seems to kind of be a let-down after the holidays. I don't know . . . Love you ANYWAY!

Stampingcountry said...

Sort of dramatic and fun at the same time! Nicely done!

Tanya said...

But the cards you're making are sooo pretty! I love the sponging on this one!! I have plenty of decorations up and in my family (mother...grandmother...) I'm the Grinch for keeping it so sparse! :)

Sandy said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT Sweetie

stampwithamyk said...

That's awesome! Love the colors that you used and you've added just the right amount of sparkle. Great card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

laurie said...

I LOVE the gold embossing! The sentiment is perfect with Santa and his sleigh too. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

Highlighting santa and his reindeer was a fabulous way to pop him from the background. I love the deep blue with the gold. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card! Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, DT Sweetie -

Naki said...

This is sooooo beautiful! I love happy accidents! Sometimes you try to combine multiple challenges but just doesn't work out, then sometimes it just happens! The FMS was perfect for this card too! Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!

Amy O said...

Beautifully done! I love the shading around the sled and I love the touches of gold. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!