Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Ready for Snow

I woke up this morning with a headache and the song "Let It Go" stuck in my head.  No comment on whether those two things are related to each other.  In other news, since my Disney movie binge fest on Sunday, I've watched The Little Mermaid, Robin Hood, Brave, Sleeping Beauty, and Mulan.  I told my hubs when he was talking over Robin Hood that I was missing important plot points, and he just gave me eye mail considering he knows perfectly well that I have the dialog to that movie pretty much memorized.  And also lots of other movies.  I think about 87% of my brain is taken up with song lyrics and movie quotes.

So I was having some trouble in my craft room yesterday.  Ever have those days when things just don't seem to want to work out how you want them to?


This card is...okay, I guess...but not my favoritest card ever.  Which is a shame, because the Global Design Project challenge to CASE the designer is beautiful:


Perhaps I'll have another go at it for tomorrow's card.  I just had a giant piece of pumpkin coffee cake and the world's largest cup of tea, so I might just be ready to conquer the universe here in the next hour or so.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Christmas Cuties
Ink:  Basic black, Soft Sky, Night of Navy, Pink Pirouette, Real Red, Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, Skintone Blendabilities
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Soft Sky, Season of Cheer DSP
Accessories:  2 1/2" circle punch, Banners Framelits

6 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

I think you are being a bit hard on yourself Christy, this is a fun wee card! Who doesn't love these Christmas Cuties. Your little fella looks great done in the colours of the background DSP. Thanks so much for playing with us at Global Design Project.

Connie Collins said...

Christy, I am with Paula...you are being way too hard on yourself. This card is adorable and you did great coloring too. Thanks for playing along with us at Global Design Project this week and Happy Holidays!

Jess said...

Fabulously cute card Christy. I love the DSP you've chosen and I'm glad to see it used again before it retires in a few days. Thanks so much for joining the Global Design Project this week!

CCsMom said...

I do like this card, Christy. LOVE the paper behind the little one -- and he's so cute, too. Yeah, you are being too hard on yourself for sure.

Stampin' Dolce said...

Pumpkin Cake is the answer to everything! I love the little guy peeking out of the window - Don't be so hard on yourself!

Brian King said...

Super-cute! Love how you incorporated the colors from the paper into the image. Thank you so much for playing along with this Global Design Project CASE the Designer Challenge.