Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Celebrating Fabulousness

I was going to say good morning, but it's just after noon where I am so afternoon, y'all!  I am starting to get very excited...only ONE MORE SLEEP until I get to see STAR WARS!!!  Woo!

And there's another celebration happening:  today is my friend Karyn's birthday.


I'm afraid this won't get to her in time...well I know it won't, I just made it this morning and it has to get to Germany!  But anyway, I try to make her a birthday card that isn't necessarily Christmasy.  This one is still wintry though, and I do admit the red stripes remind me of a candy cane.  Oh, and check out the fiber I used to top my tag--it's more red IRL than it looks in the picture and I've had it in my stash for no kidding FIFTEEN YEARS.  And I only used a little piece of what I have.  It's kinda shiny metallic red wound around black thread, but I thought it would work on my sparkly birthday card.

The colors on my card are from the current Cupcake Inspirations Challenge:


Such an adorable cupcake!  And I picked a stamp that specifically says "celebration" on it because that's the Global Design Project theme of the week:


But wait, there's more!  I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch:


Okay, kids.  Time for me to go put in some more work in the old craft cave...and probably clean the floor again because it rained Monday night.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, almost all SU!
Stamps:  Happy Happenings, Flurry of Wishes
Ink:  Pool Party, Real Red
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Glimmer Paper, Cherry on Top DSP, Real Red DSP
Accessories:  Tags & Labels Framelits, Crop-a-Dile punch (which used to be SU!), Snow Flurry punch, rhinestone, Dimensionals, fiber from Magic Scraps

7 comments:

Sandy said...

What a super nice sentiment and an adorable card! Happy Holidays! Thank you for joining our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. - Sandy, DT Sweetie

CCsMom said...

How sweet, Kik! I really love the colors.

Connie Collins said...

This is such a fun, colorful card. Thanks for playing along this week at Global Design Project.

Brian King said...

What a great combination of these challenges! I love this sentiment and how you've given it such a "holiday" context. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Celebrate Theme Challenge for the Global Design Project.

Lela said...

Super cute! Love the sparkle

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, Sweetie DT -

Naki said...

Wow girl! You combined all those challenges really well! I love all the patterned papers you used especially the red and white striped one! thanks for joining us over at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!