Thursday, December 10, 2015

One Good Flake Deserves Another

Or, Snowpocalypse Part 2.


What?  It was still out on my craft table.  And let's talk about that for a minute.  My craft room is starting to look like Stampocalypse Central.  I'm working on yet another baby book, so I keep grabbing patterned paper and I've got stacks of it that I haven't put back up yet, and oh yeah I also pulled out about 20 stamp sets for different ideas and if I could stamp as fast as I come up with ideas, I'd be the world's most prolific stamper and I'd need a heck of a lot more cardstock.  And my husband already says my cardstock makes up almost half the weight of all our worldly possessions (he might be right but don't tell him I said so).  Plus I'm still making cards for the daily blog post so it's quite the mess.  My craft table looks like a kindergarten art room, only with less paste.  And also it rained buckets last week and I haven't mopped up all the dog paws all over the floor.  Uh, seriously, my craft room has never looked this bad (in this house, at least).

I'm gonna have to work on that.

But first take a look at this inspiration pic from Just Add Ink:


Oooh, ahh.  So pretty.  At first I was going to do aqua with a nice saturated green, like Mossy Meadow, but then I decided to keep it all in the blue family.  And silver.  Because they go together like peanut butter and chocolate.

Now I want a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.  Or three.

To distract me, let's look at the hot-off-the-presses Create with Connie & Mary sketch challenge:


Of course I thought of the snowflakes as soon as I saw the sketch, but that might be mostly because the snowflake stamps were still sitting on my craft table and hadn't been buried yet under a tower of other stamps.  I used the "hey there friend" from the My Paper Pumpkin welcome kit because I love that stamp and it fit better than the Christmas sentiments that come with the snowflake stamps. 

Okay, peeps.  I'm going to go clean up my craft room.  If you don't hear from me soon, please send chocolate.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flurry of Wishes, My Paper Pumpkin
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Shimmery White, Silver Foil
Accessories:  Flower Medallion punch, Dimensionals, rhinestone

11 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh Chris, I LOVE that. Love the colors and the snowflakes are just too, too cute. Now I'm COLD. Ha! Power of persuasion.

Jenny Engelke said...

Now I want a Reeses Cup! LOL! Your card turned out wonderful and the snowflakes were a perfect choice for our sketch this week! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Those snowflakes really take center stage on your card!!! You've used the colour combo from the inspiration picture perfectly.
Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Trish
JAI Design Team

AB. said...

Beautiful card! Love the snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and the colors are so soothing! Good for you on your baby books! I am so far behind it's not even funny! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Chris Slogar said...

Love to see that foil as a background! Also love to see the snowflakes with a seasonal, general greeting! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

KimB said...

I love the broad expanses of silver Christy. The perfect background for your snowflakes. Hope you made headway on cleaning the craft room or at least found the chocolate. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Mary Brown said...

Your stamping area sounds just like mine! I will spend HOURS cleaning it, it seems like I make ONE card and EVERYONE is back out. Don't know how that happens! What a simply darling card! You are right...the snowflakes are perfect with the sketch! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Lovely Christmas Card - I especially like the silver card you have used at the back - it makes this card shine. Chantell JAI

Connie Babbert said...

Super pretty card, love the color inspiration you used! Yes, snowflakes are perfect...but convenience is good, too! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous - I love the silver and torn edge with your snowflakes. Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!