Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Cozy Christmas Wishes

I think the Christmas decorating gene skipped me.  It's December 2, people all around us have lights up on their balconies and I spy a few Christmas trees through the curtains (they're lit up, I'm not being a peeping Tom-ette).  Me?  Nada.  It just seems like such a hassle.  (Sorry, Mom.)

Maybe I should just wallpaper the house with Christmas cards...


Today's Christmas card is brought to you by the Global Design Project.


Classic Christmas colors; I added some Chocolate Chip for contrast.  This card took me a lot longer than it should have...the main panel was easy enough, even using markers to ink up all the parts of the Christmas Wishes stamp, but then the card needed some more red.  The flowers are from a past Paper Pumpkin kit and it took me forever to watercolor them...and actually I did it with a combination of watercoloring with the Aquapainter and using a marker for more depth of color.  But I think we got there in the end.  


And there's the inside.  At first I'd wanted to put that little snug house on the card front, but I just couldn't figure out how to do it with the sentiment panel that I'd already cut out.  I do like it on the inside of the card though.

Well, I'm off to get started on the next baby book.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cozy Christmas, My Paper Pumpkin
Ink:  Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Thick Whisper White, Season of Cheer DSP
Accessories:  Lots of Labels Framelits, Dimensionals, Clear EP

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

Christy Lynn -- get your tree out. You have NO EXCUSES -- you are at home and don't have a job outside of the house. Just do it. It will add to your season. AND you are spending Christmas there at the casa anyway. YOU NEED to get your Christmas on, young lady. I just bought Dad some more lights for the outside. I imagine he'll get his part done WAY BEFORE I can think about mine as I am working on Star Wars. Do it for ME!

Love you!

Christy Lynn said...

You can't make me! Neener neener neener!

CCsMom said...

You still need to. When are you going to see that Mom is USUALLY right?!!! I am, you know.

Connie Collins said...

Christy Lynn, your card is so lovely and a great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Global Design Project.

Louise Sharp said...

Hi Christy Lynn! This is such a great card. Thank you so much for playing along to the Global Design Project this week. xo

Brian King said...

Such a great use of these colors, Christy Lynn. I love the way you've inked this sentiment - so perfect. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project color challenge.