Friday, December 11, 2015

Friday Flashback: Joyful Christmas

Happy Friday, y'all!  And it IS a happy Friday:  my craft room is clean.  I feel so much better now :D  I cleaned up my stampy area yesterday and this morning I mopped up all the doggy paws on the floor and it looks great and I can't wait to get in there and mess it up again as I create something new.  Only without the doggy paw prints, I'm okay if it doesn't rain for a while.

Anyway, it's time for the Friday Flashback!  Ya know, sometimes I come across a stamp set that I just really like and I can't believe that I haven't used it more.  And I think that happens more with seasonal stamp sets because I, for one, don't make Christmas cards year-round.  But anyway, today's retired stamp set is Joyful Christmas.


ACK!  I love that poinsettia.  The grocery store here (how I love Wegmans!) has some special dyed poinsettias that are, I kid you not, royal blue.  So, so pretty.

Also features En Francais

This Wedgewood-inspired card is one of my favoritest creations ever, I just love it.  I embossed the poinsettia with white EP, and then I watercolored it with white ink.  It took quite a lot of time but I just loved how it turned out.

And that is all I had in my archives for Joyful Christmas, which is a shame because I love love love that poinsettia.  So here's my new creation:


TBH, this is my least favorite of the three cards.  Maybe I'd like it better if I had used Calypso Coral for the card base and then embossed the sentiment in white, I don't know.  I do like the color combination, it *can* be Christmasy with some creativity but it doesn't have to be, thank you ColourQ:


And I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


Okay, kids.  I need to go vacuum the rest of the house and then get going to the post office and the store.  Maybe I'll snap a pic of those royal blue poinsettias for you.  Cheers!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Joyful Christmas
Ink:  Blush Blossom, Calypso Coral
Paper:  Blush Blossom, Calypso Coral, Shimmery White, Gold Foil, Coastal Cabana DSP
Accessories:  Scallop edge punch, Dimensionals, Gold Glitz Dazzling Details

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

SUPER!!! Happy weekend, Kik!

Joyce said...

Gorgeous collection of cards. I love all your different takes using this pretty poinsettia. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

Linda Callahan said...

Love that flower.....beautiful cards for Christmas! Glad you shared one at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a lovely Christmas card! I do love that poinsettia! Love all the different ways you've used it! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!