Friday, December 4, 2015

Friday Flashback: Jewish Celebrations

Happy Friday, y'all, and welcome to the Friday Flashback.  I try to do all Christmas stuff in December, but let's not forget the other major December holiday--Hanukkah starts this Sunday.  One of my favoritest people in the world is Jewish so I bought today's Friday Flashback stamp set to make her a card every year...let's revisit Jewish Celebrations.


Last year's card was really CAS because I ran out of time to do anything complicated.


The year before that I did get more complicated :)  And really, this is all I use this stamp set for and so that's it for the Flashback.  Here's today's new creation:


Had I realized that I'd used the menorah on both of the other cards, I would have chosen the big Star of David stamp for today's card.  Oops!


I added rhinestones to the candle flames this year because my girl Sarah lurves her some bling.

To make this card, I started with the Fab Friday sketch:


I had to adapt the sketch a little bit since my circle element was so much larger than the sketch.  But I think you can still see the bones of the sketch?

And this one also meets tic-tac-toe criteria for the Paper Players:


Snowflakes (two!), sparkle or shine (rhinestones plus brushed silver cardstock), and a punch *and* two circle dies.  Whee!

Have a great weekend, y'all!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Jewish Celebrations, Flurry of Wishes
Ink:  Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue
Paper:  Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Brushed Silver, Whisper White
Accessories:  Circles Framelits, rhinestones, Snow Flurry punch

7 comments:

CCsMom said...

Kik, is the silver paper SU? I LOVE that. I haven't found any good stuff out and about and I like to use it on the military books. The silver I gave you when we were at your house is the only stuff I have and it isn't REAL pretty.

LOVE your cards. Awesome and I love the colors. Just beautiful -- peaceful.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Kik! Love these festive colors for Hanukkah cards! Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

stampwithsandy said...

Great Hanukkah cards, Christy! The one with the rhinestones on each flame is so pretty and festive. Thanks so much for playing along with my Tic Tac Toe challenge at The Paper Players!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Christy,
I LOVE this years' card, it is serene and elegant. Beautiful take on the sketch! Just the right sparkle too. Thanks so much for joining us at the Fab Friday Challenge!

Cindy Beach said...

HI Christy,
I love your beautiful card for Hanukkah. The deep blue with the silver is so elegant and you added just the right bit of sparkle. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

I can definitely see our sketch! I like the menorah as the large circle with the snowflakes playing the supporting roles! And the rhinestones and Brushed Silver c.s. make it all just pop! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Brian King said...

So many beautiful cards with a gorgeous stamp set. I love all the shimmer and shine on your projects. Thank you so much for playing along with this Fab Friday sketch challenge!