Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Candy for a Canine

I still want to make ALL THE HALLOWEEN CARDS and it turns out that Halloween is tomorrow.  It's been sneaking up on me.  But at least I did get ONE card made with the last of the Halloween stamp sets that I hadn't used yet...


This cute lil doggy witch is from Trick or Tweet, which I tried to resist and obviously I failed miserably and I'm okay with that.  Really you don't see a lot of doggos on Halloween stuff, unless they're of the werewolf variety...Halloween seems more like a catty holiday?  But I love this pupper and I used him to practice with my Blends again.  I just got a couple new colors yesterday, including Highland Heather.  Slowly working on completing my set!  Anyway, you always hear about the old dog who won't learn new tricks, so I thought this little pup would go great with the "No Tricks, Just Treats" sentiment.

I used the sketch from the Paper Players:


It was fun picking papers for each layer and playing with Halloween colors one more time.  But pretty soon here it's on to all things FALL and THANKSGIVING!  And maybe a few early Christmas things too, we'll see.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Trick or Tweet, Spooky Sweets
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Mango Melody, Highland Heather, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, and Crumb Cake
Paper:  Mango Melody, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White, Toil & Trouble DSP
Accessories:  Dimensionals

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

Cute!!! Dad would not let me get a costume for Hershey -- I thought she could be a hot dog . . . sigh.

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, how cute is this little dog all dressed up to Trick or Treat! I love the mix of colors and patterns, too! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Jan Clothier said...

Cute Halloween image, Christy. Thank you for playing along at The Paper Players this week.

ElizStewart said...

Christy... so love your doggie! My golden doodle ate his halloween costume last night! Hope you had a fabulous Halloween and thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!