Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Witch Is In

Well, I had to dust off everything in my craft room, but I did get a card made yesterday so yay me!  (And thank you to Ryan, who took a nice long nap!)  Right before my unplanned hiatus, I ordered pretty much all of the Halloween stuff from the SU! holiday catalog, so I had to play with that first.  Here's what I did:


New stamp set, new paper, even new markers!  I used the Basic Black Blends to color in the witch's hat.  I'm working on my Blends collection but I think this is only the first or second time I've used them.  Anyway, this card is a first for me:  a QUINTUPLE CHALLENGE CARD.  And I didn't pick three Halloween theme challenges either...actually none of them is a Halloween theme challenge.

First up is the SUO Challenge to use something from the holiday catalog.  I am not at all ready for Christmas cards, so I went with Halloween instead and that Toil & Trouble DSP kinda feels like retro DSP because it reminds me of a lot of stuff I had when I first started scrapbooking (which is --gulp-- over 20 years ago).

Next up is the What Will You Stamp? challenge:


I kept telling myself I wasn't going to get this stamp set and then oops, it came to my house anyway.  Um, I bought all the Halloween stuff this year (stamps and paper anyway, not ribbon and embellishments because I tend not to use that stuff although the black glitter ribbon would have been awesome on this card).  I'm a little bummed I missed when they did the Takeout Treats challenge because I own that stamp set and it hasn't been inked up yet.

Moving right along!  Here's the color challenge courtesy of Fab Friday:


I reeeeeallllly wanted to add some Granny Apple Green or Lemon Lime Twist in there but I was a good girl and stuck strictly to the challenge colors.  Great Halloween colors.

Next up is the Sketch Saturday sketch:


I only recently started following this challenge and this is my first time to play along over there.

Last, but certainly not least, is the Just Us Girls trend week challenge:


Because there are stars on my witch's hat.  :D. There's a really great starry pattern in the Toil & Trouble DSP but I think I may hoard it for future use.

That's it for me today, peeps.  Fingers crossed I can pick up some momentum this week and stamp some more schtuff!  Gotta at least get some ink on the Halloween goodies before the end of the month, right?  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cauldron Bubble, Spooky Sweets
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Pumpkin Pie, Gorgeous Grape, Basic Black Blends
Paper:  Basic Black, Thick Whisper White, Toil & Trouble DSP
Accessories:  Frosted Bouquet Framelits, Cauldron Framelits, white baker's twine, hole punch, glitter enamel shape, mini Dimensionals

 P.S.  Thought you might like to see one of the projects I recently finished stitching as I think it fits in with today's card:


The pattern is by Satsuma Street; I've also done her owls pattern and these are both with my mom to be framed.  I've recently become a fan of dyed fabric for cross stitch pieces; I got this purple from a lady who sells hand-dyed fabrics through Facebook and we won't even talk about how big my stash is already.  I love alllllll the pretty colors!

9 comments:

CCsMom said...

I LIKE it!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cat paper. One of my favorite Halloween decorations is a wooden plaque that is a cat in full scared mode and it says something on the front about fright. I have it up at work, or I'd tell you exactly what it says. I was a bad girl and got a few more Halloween decorations. I just LOVE Halloween decorations.

Great stitched piece, too. I found a cross stitch kit that has a little girl dressed as a witch pulling a wagon and has a neat border of orange, purple, green and yellow triangles. I think the little girl has red hair. I NEED that one!!! Have a great day!

cm said...

Your 'starry' witch's hat is fabulous and paired with a delightfully 'spooky' selection of papers! So thrilled you shared this gem in the JUGS gallery!

As for your cross-stitching: OHMYSTARS! Awesome and soooo beautiful! I can see why you're crushing over the dyed fabric! I love cross-stitching, but have only done so on traditional Aida (usually white/off white), 11 count. Do you mind me asking what 'gauge' (is that the right word) this is? I'm not sure my old-lady-eyes could stitch on this if it's 'small', but that doesn't stop me from being intrigued! Would love to know your fabric source...

~carol

Heather said...

FOUR challenges! WOW! And a great job, too, lol. Love your witch hat - great job with the blends - perfect for our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Nancy said...

Love your Halloween card and had to chuckle at your post. It's so hard to resist new products when your a card maker. Your cross stitch is incredible! WOW! Who knew they had dyed fabric! You are multi talented! Thanks for joining the girls and I over at Just Us Girls!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Cute! The colors are perfect for that hat! I love the new black blends! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

WWYS Blog said...

Love your little witchy hat as the focal point of your card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at WWYS Challenge Blog!

Jenny Hall said...

Very nice! And I must say that your cross stitch is also amazing! Thank you for joining the challenge this week at WWYS.

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

This is just a very fun card. You made the DSP work and love how you colored the image. Thank you so much for participating at SUOChallenges.com for our Holiday Catalog challenge. Our new challenge is going up on October 23, 2018, and we hope to see you again!

Julia said...

Fabulous card and totally fabulous you finally got to have a play! Perfect for our challenge using the Holiday Catalogue. So glad you joined in the fun with us at SUO Challenges.