Friday, October 26, 2018

Spooky Bats

Happy Friday y'all!  I wish we had a few more days in October...like maybe an extra week or two...because I love to make Halloween cards!  I'm going to try really hard to actually SEND some out this year too, ha!

I'm in love with Spooky Sweets.


My first idea was to put a stamped-off Cajun Craze moon punch on the circle with the bats, but the circle by itself was reading like the moon so I left it off.  And take a look at that picture, I got the Wink of Stella sparkle to SHOW UP on the bats when I took the picture!!!  I also made my own Candy Dots on the bottom, they're Cajun Craze like the sentiment, with Wink of Stella on them too.  The black stripes were a scrap of DSP I had in my stash, part of a retired stack.

Check out the Fusion challenge:


I used the sketch and the photo inspired me as well.  I paired those with the Color Throwdown challenge:


I read those colors as Lost Lagoon (sadly retired, I love this color), Cajun Craze, and Very Vanilla.  The Fusion photo inspired me to add black to these colors for my spooky bats, but I love that if you swapped the black for some Early Espresso then these would be most excellent fall colors as well.  (I love fall cards too.  Really, October and November are my favorite part of the year.)

I still have one brand new Halloween stamp set that I haven't even inked up yet.  I'd better get on that soon or Halloween will have passed me by!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Spooky Sweets, Labels to Love
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Lost Lagoon
Paper:  Lost Lagoon, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Basic Black DSP
Accessories:  Spooky Bats punch, Everyday Label Punch, Layering Circles Framelits, hole punch, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Oh, I love this card. I so enjoy the Halloween designs and decorations. It's just so fun. Have a wonderful Friday!