Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Frosty Roses

And how are you this fine Wednesday morning?  Ryan and I will soon be on our way to the gym so I can do pilates and run two miles while he plays in the nursery and eats snacks.  I actually do enjoy going to the gym six days a week.

But first, a card!  A shimmery card.


 I love that the Frosted Floral DSP has a shimmer to it, and of course that means I have to pair it with Shimmery White cardstock.  You can see some of the shimmer where the camera flash caught it just under the roses.  I used the latest sketch from Palmtrees and Pogo Sticks:


And the color combination from Just Us Girls:


Technically I used two greens for my combination, Mint Macaron and Tranquil Tide; the other colors are Night of Navy and Fresh Fig.  Blackberry Bliss is the purple that's featured in the Frosted Floral DSP, but I feel like I haven't used Fresh Fig very much so I went with that instead.  I was going for a rich regal take on the colors.  I made the mottled Fresh Fig background by grabbing the "cloud" stamp from Spooky Sweets and stamping it off twice before stamping on my card base.  Love how that turned out!  And it shows you that a Halloween set is more than a one-trick pony.

Dangit, I just realized I had meant to add some glitter epoxy shapes to my card and I forgot to do it before I took the photo.  Oh well, next time!

Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  First Frost, Spooky Sweets
Ink:  Fresh Fig, Night of Navy, Tranquil Tide
Paper:  Shimmery White, Night of Navy, Frosted Floral DSP
Accessories:  Frosted Bouquet Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Love this! The soft colours are so pretty. Just wanted to say a big thanks for playing along with the sketches week after week. I really appreciate it and am glad that you enjoy them :)

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful card! Love all that shimmer! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!