Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Kind Sunflowers

Mornin', y'all!  Okay, I said it was cold yesterday morning, but it turned out to be a GORGEOUS day, I loved it.  I love being able to wear long sleeves and drink a morning cuppa tea without sweating.

And I have a very fall card for today!


This card is NOT easy to photograph, however.  I did a vellum overlay on the main image panel, and the sentiment is stamped on the vellum and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  That means IRL you can read the sentiment easily and still have super rich, saturated colors lurking under the vellum...


Just like that.  This is probably my favorite way to use vellum, and thus I'm entering this at Inkspirational:


I got my color combination from Global Design Project:


I added copious amounts of Early Espresso but otherwise stuck strictly to the challenge colors.

Last up is the Sketch Saturday sketch:

I hope the challenge gods will forgive me for changing the twine from going across the bottom of the main panel to anchoring the vellum in place.

Hope you have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Harvest
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Early Espresso
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Thick Very Vanilla, Country Lane DSP
Accessories:  clear EP, linen thread, Dimensionals

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

Love those colors. Beautiful.

Marlena M. said...

This is so pretty! I love the vibrant color under the vellum and that the top layer floats, so it can be lifted. Thank you so much for joining us at Inkspirational~

Pia S said...

I’ve never thought of using vellum this way, but I love the concept and might try this in the future. The vibrant colors show well through the vellum, which muted the colors nicely. Lovely card, thanks for linking it up at Ink to share it with us.

Shauna said...

Your vellum overlay looks awesome! I like the sunflower scene you created and the softness that the vellum creates. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Brenda said...

This is a lovely card, beautiful colors, such a brilliant way to use vellum! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday!