Monday, October 29, 2018

Darth Sadie

Salutations and greetings, friends!  Since Halloween is just a couple of days away, I have to share this layout from Sadie's first Halloween with us back in 2006.  Introducing...


Darth Sadie!  Ahhhh I loved that costume, it was hilarious.  We didn't get our dog Vader until the next year, and he was a bit older when we got him so I never tried to put him in the Darth Vader costume.  The hubs staunchly refuses to help put costumes on the dogs; he says "This is why dogs bite people!" But he does take pictures for me.  Sadie did the toddler thing where she suddenly turns to a puddle of mush while I was trying to get the costume on her, but eventually I wrestled her into it and then she was a Very Good Girl and didn't try to eat her costume for an entire hour.  She did, however, flatly refuse to wear the helmet, but that's okay.  All the trick-or-treaters thought she looked amazing anyway.


Today's color palette is Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, and Smoky Slate.  And Sadie is very relieved that since Ryan got here, I'm more interested in dressing *him* up and she doesn't have to participate.  Ha!!  Vader would be happy to dress up as long as we tell him he's a good boy and give him treats.  Vader is such a Hufflepuff.  Sadie, though, she's a Slytherin.  I don't know which house Ryan would be in yet...

Supplies:
Stamps:  Headline Alphabet
Ink:  Real Red, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Basic Black, Real Red, Smoky Slate, Summer Smooches DSP, Smoky Slate DSP
Accessories:  Circle punch, hexagon punch, epoxy stickers from Creative Imaginations

1 comment:

Tanya said...

hahaha! I'm not sure if I like the costume or your commentary more. :)