Thursday, October 25, 2018

Thanksgiving Apple...Pie

I love to bake, but most of the time I make cookies and muffins.  Generally I only make pies about twice a year, one of those times being Thanksgiving and I *always* make an apple pie for my husband.  And a pumpkin pie for me ;) So today I bring you...Thanksgiving apples.


Up to now, I've tried to mostly stick to current Stampin' Up! stamps and papers for the cards I share (though my scrapbook pages frequently feature retired items).  Since my customer base has pretty much dried up altogether, and there's absolutely no one policing what I put on my blog, I've decided that if I want to make something with retired stamps, then by golly I'm gonna make it.  So for today's card I pulled out two retired stamp sets that are nice and retro for the Retro Rubber Challenge:


Perfectly Preserved (from whence the apples came) is six years old, and Lighthearted Leaves (source of the sentiment) is three years old.  I looked at this picture yesterday morning and then didn't take another peek before I made my card so I didn't realize there are no apples on it.  But I did remember seeing a whole lot of yellow, so that influenced my choice of patterned paper.  And I had to use apples because of the Paper Players challenge:


Okay, so my card is a bit on the slightly busy side of CAS, but the design is uncluttered and it's the gingham patterned paper that makes it look busier than it really is.  I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

So there's today's retro apple card.  Hope you enjoyed it!

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved, Lighthearted Leaves
Ink:  Early Espresso, Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade
Paper:  Thick Very Vanilla, Orchard Harvest DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Cannery Framelits, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Christy, I love this card!! I think it feels perfect for both challenges (but I am no expert on CAS LOL). Thank you so much for playing with Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Jan Clothier said...

Good combination of challenges, Christy. The checked background adds such a warm rustic feel to your card and provides great focus for your sentiment. Very cute apples too! Thank you for joining us at both Retro Rubber Challenge and The Paper Players.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Bravo Christy for a great fall card - I can almost taste the apple pie! I think the golden gingham paper works really well with your sentiment and apple pair - it reminds me of a lattice pie top (oh, the power of suggestion!) I love the apples too - I don't have that set but many a time have wished I did! Thanks for playing along with my clean and simple apples challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

CCsMom said...

Very cute card, Chris. I always love the gingham check pattern -- actually found some of that fabric at Hobby Lobby!!! I'll have to make something out of it as I have pictures of Cynthia and me wearing dresses out of it. It's a classic -- NEVER goes out of style. LOVE IT. And the gold color warms everything up. That's what you think about for Thanksgiving -- a warm kitchen!!! (And Mimi's house.)

Jaydee said...

I love the checked background and the warm rich caramel color plays beautifully with the vanilla and red accents. Also love the two different types of apples. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players again this week
jaydee

LeAnne said...

I love everything about this...still have a few pieces of that DSP (love plaids and checks), still have Perfectly Preserved (love the apples) and although I don't have that sentiment, I LOVE it too! Thanks for playing with our challenge at RetroRubber AND the Paper Players this week...CAS perfection!

laurie said...

Fun checked background and an awesome sentiment! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute! Love. That background with those sweet apples! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Christy, love the checkerboard background, it gives your card a very Country feel, the apples are super sweet and that sentiment says it all.
Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
XO

Amy O said...

I love this Fall-themed card! And I love seeing retired products getting some love. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Brum said...

I love fall cards! Even ones with retired products! I think we need to be using our retired products!!! I love those apples and really love that background paper! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Claire Grantham said...

Christy, great combo of challenges, I really love the sentiment and the gingham / picnic cloth background. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT