Sunday, October 21, 2018

China: UDO

Mornin' y'all!  It's time for another China Sunday.  I just finished my orange cranberry muffins and a nice hot cuppa tea so I'm ready to go for the day :)

So, when I left off, we were doing our 8-mile bike ride on the city walls of Xi'an.  When we got to the fourth side, we discovered these:


None of us knew what to call them, so I jokingly said they were Unidentified Decorative Objects (UDOs) and it kinda stuck as a name.  I thought that floral pattern went pretty well with the colors in the UDOs, but that floral pattern is so busy it's best to use it in smaller quantities so I went with one thick strip of it for each layout.


And here is the second layout for you.  I kept these pretty simple since the pictures (and the floral paper) are pretty busy.



Today's very bright color palette is comprised of Summer Sun, Ruby Red, and Basic Black.

And that's all she wrote today.  I'm going to enjoy a few more hours with the hubs before he drives back to Virginia Beach for school.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Rough Type, Love & Affection, Bodacious Bouquet
Ink:  Basic Black, Groovy Guava, Ruby Red
Paper:  Summer Sun, Basic Black, Ginger Blossom & Botanical Gardens DSP
Accessories:  none

No comments: