Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Ambivalent Cheers

Hey y'all!  After my paper trimmer bit me on Monday, I decided to take yesterday off from my craft room...luckily before I hurt myself on Monday I actually made two cards.  So here's the second one:


I bought Bloom By Bloom even though it's not carrying over to the new catalog because I just really liked the bold flowers.  The Tropical Escape DSP stack is one of my favorites.  And still...I'm not sure I really like this card much.  I don't know why, but it's not jiving with me.  Oh well, not every card can be your favorite.

I loosely based my card on the Global Design Project sketch:


I don't really care for square cards, so I made mine A2 size.  I also used the colors from the Just Us Girls inspiration photo:


I used Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and a smidge of Shaded Spruce.  I was going to use some Highland Heather to bring in the purple but it didn't work on my card.

That's it for me today, y'all.  I'll have to get back in my craft room this afternoon and hope my paper trimmer hasn't developed a taste for my fingers ;)  At least I made some really great progress on my giant stitching project yesterday!  Yeah, I skipped the paper trimmer in my craft room in favor of hanging out with dozens of needles and some sharp scissors.  But I didn't get injured with my stitching...

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Bloom By Bloom, Itty Bitty Birthdays
Ink:  Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Granny Apple Green, Thick Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP Stack
Accessories:  Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Mini Dimensionals

2 comments:

Connie Collins said...

Christy, what a bright and beautiful card. Great use of the sketch. We are so glad you played along with us again this week at Global Design Project. :)

Maria said...

Oh no sorry about the paper cutter issue, I hope you are ok. Love this fun card and that flower is lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us girls this week.