Friday, May 3, 2019

Purple Mountains' Majesty

Happy Friday, y'all! I'm happy that I was able to get a good picture of this card yesterday so I could share it today :D


I don't use Waterfront very often but I ended up really liking this card when I finished with it.  I need to work with Shaded Spruce more, I love that rich green.  I started with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And chose my stamp set based on the theme challenge from Global Design Project:


And then I picked some colors I thought would look good together and just went to town making my mountain landscape.  I love mountains, hubs loves the beach, so I guess...we should live in Hawaii?  The sentiment is from Happiness Surrounds, which was a limited time only stamp set from last November I think, and for the Shaded Spruce piece on the bottom, I inked up the Marbled background stamp with a sponge before stamping tone-on-tone with Shaded Spruce ink.  It gave me juuuust enough texture without distracting from the main scene.  I love my background stamps.  I think the epoxy drops are retired but I've got them so I might as well use them.

Hope you have a great weekend, friends.  I'm hoping to get some more scrappin' done in the next couple of days...I finished a layout that I really liked yesterday, and got started on another one.  Having some fun in the ol' craft cave!  Cheers, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Waterfront, Marbled, Happiness Surrounds
Ink:  Shaded Spruce, Highland Heather, Mint Macaron, Balmy Blue
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Shaded Spruce
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Rectangle Stitched Shapes Framelits, Mini Dimensionals

6 comments:

Donna3d said...

This is a wonderful card Christy! I see your cards on some of the challenge blogs I go to also and am drawn to your fresh style. I'm seriously thinking about getting this waterfront set, especially when I see a lovely card like this. I like the marbled area at the bottom too.

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card Christy! I just love the mountain scene and it looks great with the green cardstock! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the scene you created! Beautiful card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jacquie Southas said...

This is such a lovely scene! Your color choices are perfect, Christy. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Yes, it reminds me of Hawaii, my favorite place. I am curious as to how you used the Rectangle Stitched Shapes Framelits in order to get the offset point on the white portion of the card. Would you be so kind to explain? Thanks. :-)