Monday, May 13, 2019

Whale Watching

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Hope you had a good Mother's Day weekend.  Ours was exhausting and barfy on Ryan's part, unfortunately.  He woke up at 11:00 on Saturday night throwing up and hollering for Mama, and then we all spent the next hour and a half trying to comfort Ryan while he was sick, cleaning up everything he was sick on, and changing clothes.  Ryan, the hubs and I all went through at least two outfits each.  Then poor Ryan alternated between saying he wanted to go to bed or watch Cars, so in the end we took his mattress out to the living room and he laid on that and watched Cars 2.  Twice.  The whole movie.  When it ended again a bit after 2 a.m., Ryan asked to put it on again and I was like nooooo we're going to sleep.  So Ryan slept on his mattress in the living room, and I tried to sleep on the couch next to him, and at 6:30 yesterday morning, Ryan woke up all chipper, poked me and said, "Cars on TV?"  So I started the movie again, and at 7 I tagged out with the hubs and tried to go to sleep for a bit in my own bed.  Meanwhile, hubs took Ryan to the store to get stuff for breakfast, and Ryan insisted on buying flowers for Mama, so when I woke up again I got cherry turnovers and a dozen red roses.  Awwwww.

Anywha, all that barfiness made me think of this layout so I have to re-share it today:


Hubs and I went on a whale watching tour in 2007 when we lived in Okinawa, and I didn't see not ONE STINKING WHALE because I got seasick for almost the entire time we were on the boat.  Actually, although I was the first to succumb, by the end of it there were only three people on the boat who had NOT gotten sick, including my hubs and the captain of the boat.  All the rest of us were miserable.  Don't know that I'll ever voluntarily go on a whale watching expedition again.

Hope your weekend involved much less barf and laundry than ours did.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Ocean Commotion, Big Deal Alphabet
Ink:  Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Paper:  Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Haiku DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: