Friday, May 17, 2019

Soaring Congratulations

Mornin' y'all!  Ryan is still sick, so we're calling the doctor today.  I thought he was getting better yesterday, other than being tired...both of us fell asleep on the couch yesterday morning watching Cars 3.  I think I'm going to have those movies memorized before long.

Anyway!  During his afternoon nap, I got a card made!  Here it is:


Lift Me Up and the coordinating Up & Away Framelits are both retiring (though of course that doesn't mean they're leaving my craft room).  I love this die cut balloon, and I thought it would be great for the Global Design Project color challenge:


My first thought was butterflies, but I feel like I've done a lot of butterflies lately, so instead I went with the hot air balloon.  I also used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


The balloon and clouds on my card are what I used for the three circles on the sketch, I did a bit of a looser interpretation but I think you can still see it.  Oh, I took Ryan for a walk the other day and he kept saying "I see cows!" and I was like, "But there aren't any cows around here, kid" and finally he pointed up and said "I see C'OUDS!!" (because he doesn't really say L) and I was like "OOOHHHH CLOUDS!"  And he looked at me like yeah, I've been saying that for the past five minutes.  I love that kid.

Hope you have a great weekend, y'all.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lift Me Up
Ink:  Night of Navy
Paper:  Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Pineapple Punch, Smoky Slate, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Up & Away Framelits, Dimensionals

2 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Great balloon and super fun card! Love your use of the GDP colors.

Karren said...

What a clever take on the sketch! Your balloon looks wonderful up amongst the clouds! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.