Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Geared Up

Hi y'all!  Okay, how many of you have cut yourself with a paper trimmer?  'Cause I was working on a scrapbook layout yesterday after I finished this card, and I tried to chop off the end of my left index finger because I am a dum-dum.  Just wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing.  At least I have fun Star Wars Band-Aids?

Crafting can be perilous, y'all.  But I did make this card before I injured myself:


I "colored" the car with the oil stain stamp from the same stamp set (Geared Up Garage) and that might be my new favorite way to color in line art images.  I looove it.  Also, the die cut rectangle wasn't quite long enough for what I wanted, so I chopped off the end, and the strip of paper with the street signs covers the gap.  I used the CAS(E) This Sketch from last week:


I rotated the sketch 90 degrees since the car image is too wide to work with a vertical orientation of the sketch.  I chose the car image because of the What Will You Stamp? challenge:


I have a son, a brother, and a dad who are all obsessed with cars, so buying this stamp set was a no-brainer for me.  Maybe next time I'll make a card without using the car image...

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Geared Up Garage
Ink:  Tranquil Tide, Crushed Curry, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Thick Whisper White, Classic Garage DSP
Accessories:  Rectangle Stitched Shapes Framelits

No comments: