Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Sympathy for Cleo

I was talking to my dad this weekend and he said this has not been a good year for dogs.  First my Vader died in February, my friend Amber's senior dog died a few weeks ago, and a week ago my almost-sister and her husband had to put down their dog because of kidney or liver problems.  Then on Friday my sister-in-law got home to discover that their dog Cleo had been attacked by another dog--no idea how the other dog got in their backyard, but she rushed Cleo to the animal hospital immediately. Sadly, the damage was too extensive and she died on Friday night.  Poor Cleo was a 13-year-old dog with just 3 legs.  I feel so badly for my SIL and brother.  And of course Cleo.


Hey, I used the dog stamp instead of just the punch.  I watercolored the dog in about the same color that Cleo was (though paper Cleo has four legs instead of three).  I know she frequently wore a purple color because that's SIL's favorite color, so that's how I chose Highland Heather.  Smoky Slate just seemed to go with the other two colors.

I used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:


The elements in the corner of the sketch reminded me of All Adorned, which was a later Sale-a-Bration offiering this year.

I'm also entering this at Just Add Ink:


I hate making sympathy cards, and I'd much rather do it when I don't need one rather than having to make one for a specific thing.

Poor little Cleo.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Happy Tails, All Adorned
Ink:  Basic Gray, So Saffron, Highland Heather
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Highland Heather, Thick Whisper White, Watercolor paper
Accessories:  Dog punch, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Labels Collection Framelits (retired)

3 comments:

KimB said...

It's a lovely card Christy for a sad occasion, for so many of us our animals are part of the family. I love how your "Cleo" stands out from the frame and the purple background. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Chantell Randall said...

I love your sweet take on this Challenge. Very sad occasion for your SIL and Brother. I do like your fancy edge stamping. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

A beautiful card for such a sad loss. Its so thoughtful to create something heartfelt for those who have lost three/four legged members of the family. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation and story with us at Just Add Ink this week. xOx Jackie @ JAI