Thursday, May 2, 2019

Bye-Bye Baby Bear

Mornin' y'all!  I really need to figure out something better to do for my card photos.  I made two cards yesterday afternoon (you'll see the other one tomorrow) and that second card's photos came out ALL WONKY.  Like, very very blue.  I'll have to try to get a better picture of it today so I can post it tomorrow, I'm actually pretty happy with that card so I want it to look good.

But let's talk about today's card, shall we?


I admit, I have not used Baby Bear very much because I find it a little difficult to work with.  It only took me two tries to get the bear to look okay this time at least (the bow took three).  I mean, the bear IS super cute when all the stamps are lined up juuuuust right, but even though I'm a pro Stamp-a-ma-jigger, this stamp set is still hit or miss for me.  But I do like how the bear looks on here today.

The Inspire. Create. challenge inspired me (teehee) to make a baby card today:


Oh yeah, the inside of the card says "Welcome to the world!" but I didn't photograph it.

Just had to use the Paper Players sketch:


And my colors are from the Color Throwdown:


I used Petal Pink, Soft Suede, Basic Black, and Whisper White.  Well, I did use a wee bit of Blushing Bride to do the two-step stamping on the bear's bow because two layers of Petal Pink just didn't work.  I did use ONLY Soft Suede for the bear.  For the lightest layer, I inked up the stamp with a sponge; for the middle layer, I inked it up with the ink pad like normal, but then I used the sponge to remove a bit of the ink to make it a little lighter than full strength; and for the darkest layer, I just inked up the stamp like normal (and worked very hard to get it to line up right with the first two layers).  Then I cut it out and stuck it on my card :)

Have a great day, peeps.  I'll be taking a stitching project to the Y to work on today since we don't have barre class until the find a new teacher...the last one is 8.5 months pregnant and moving in June anyway :p  I loved her, she was so much fun to take classes from.  Hope we get a good new instructor!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Baby Bear
Ink:  Petal Pink, Blushing Bride, Soft Suede, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Petal Pink, Twinkle Twinkle DSP
Accessories:  Dimensionals

4 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, this is such a sweet card. I love that little teddy. He makes me smile! The color combo is perfect! So happy you joined my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Wanda Cullen said...

I think your teddy bear is just perfect! He looks great as your focal point! Thanks for joining us at Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Your teddy bear is adorable and so pretty in pink. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Broni said...

I love this, Christy! Great use of the colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week!