Monday, March 4, 2013

Baylor Butterfly!

Monday again already, but I'm not sad about that because my headache is finally gone (it hung in there for quite long enough, thank you!) and I've got a fun card to share today.  Lookie!


It's a Baylor butterfly, large and in charge!  It just so happens that the latest Dynamic Duos challenge is pretty much my college colors:


My husband and I are both Baylor bears, though neither of us is really rah-rah Baylor, much to Mom's dismay.  Hey, I'm happy to wear Baylor shirts and stuff, but I couldn't give a flip about sports teams, mmkay?  But I am digging my Baylor butterfly here, and I do have a really good friend who DOES bleed green & gold...ha!

This wonderful sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches, this card was so easy to put together!


For reals, the only thing that took some time was watercoloring the butterfly.  I embossed it with Early Espresso EP (after I got silver EP all over everything trying to put that up so I could use the Espresso stuff...FYI, embossing powder does not belong on your eyeball, it is most uncomfortable) and then watercolored the butterfly with Daffodil Delight and Garden Green ink refills so the color would be more saturated.  I love Garden Green, I've used it quite a bit on scrapbooks but not so much for cards.  We need more Garden Green color challenges!

For the sentiment banner hoopydoo (it's a technical term), I stamped the sentiment in Garden Green and then sponged it with Daffodil Delight to make it stand out from the white background on the butterfly panel.  I swear, I do have sentiment stamps that are not in Curly Cute or Sweet Essentials, but with the banner things so uber-popular right now in sketches, I seem to reach for those two sets the most often.

Enough chatter from me, go forth and stamp happy!  Thanks for stopping by today.

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  Swallowtail, Curly Cute
Ink:  Versamark, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Garden Green, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP scrap
Accessories:  Early Espresso EP (it's EEEP! ok, I entertain myself anyway), Daffodil Delight seam binding

7 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... how stunning is that butterfly! What a fabulous use of this sketch ....
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly made Sketches!!!

Erna Logtenberg said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duos this week!

Cindy Hall said...

This is such a beautiful card! The coloring of the butterfly is outstanding. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Margaret Raburn said...

Love your Baylor butterfly! : ) (We pass your alma mater everytime we go to see our daughter in San Antonio!) Great coloring on the butterfly!

Linda Callahan said...

That butterfly is so bold and beautiful - love it!

Karen Day said...

This is wonderful, Christy! Love what you've done with the sketch - thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

Thoughts by B and M said...

Loooooooooove this card and the color combo!!!!! Sic 'em!!!!!!!!'n