Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Flashback: Pinch Proof

Happy Friday and welcome to the Friday Flashback!  Usually, I draw a random stamp set name out of a proverbial hat (it's actually a big rubber container 'cause I don't have any hats large enough to accommodate slips of paper with the names of every stamp set I own on them) but today it's rigged:  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share some St. Paddy's Day cards.  So let's celebrate Pinch Proof!


I have a friend whose birthday is on Halloween, so there's been a couple of times where his Halloween birthday card has gone in costume as something else, like a St. Patrick's Day birthday card, or a 4th of July birthday card.  :)  This one also used the coordinating Pinch Me wheel, which I have since cut apart into 9 stamps.




I made those three cards for my SU customers one year, I was just having fun playing with Pinch Proof and trying out some different layouts.  So that's it for the archives, let's see a new Pinch Proof card, shall we?


Ok, double motive for picking this stamp set today:  my friend Karen really *is* a St. Paddy's Day baby, so I needed a card for her.  I've been in a bit of a mini-funk the past couple days where none of my creations were really making me happy, but this time I went in my stamp room with a very clear idea of what I wanted to do and I am pretty pleased with the result.  Yay, funk over!  (I hope, anyway.)

The color combo is from ColourQ:


It was fun to play with Glorious Green again, it's been a long time since I pulled that out of the ol' cardstock file.  I actually like that color, though I admit I didn't use it a whole lot even before SU! retired it.  And the chevron background on my card makes me happy; I think that's the first time I've used the chevron EF.


Most of the time I don't decorate the inside of my cards much, but since I was lining this one with Whisper White I thought I'd throw a few shamrocks on there.

Thanks for joining me on today's Friday Flashback, have a wonderful weekend and Erin go bragh!

Supplies (last card only):
Stamps:  Pinch Proof, Happiest Birthday Wishes (both retired)
Ink:  Glorious Green (retired), Basic Black, Basic Gray, Lucky Limeade
Paper:  Glorious Green, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White, In Color DSP Stack
Accessories:  2 1/2" circle punch, Chevron EF, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

What fun cards, Christy, thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.