Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Taiko Drums

I am SO tired!  Today was the Mad Hatter tea party that I hosted, and now everyone is gone and it's over and I'm exhausted.  I made a couple of things for it which I will share at an unspecified point in the future, but for today let's go with a pic I'd already uploaded, shall we?  How 'bout a scrapbook layout!


Ok, so I've got like 6 pages to finish this album that I'm working on.  Maybe 8, I have a lot of pictures from the next bit.  But anyway, this page title is a bit redundant because "taiko" means drum in Japanese.  It's like saying chai tea or VIN number.  But whatever!  It took me a while to actually start on these pages because I wasn't sure where to go with the color combo, but once I had that sorted out it actually took very little time to make the pages.  I found a sketch I liked and BAM!  Done.

OCD alert!  I meant to take pictures of this so I could SHOW you how OCD I am but you'll just have to take my word for it.  So I knew I wanted a Basic Black patterned paper for this layout, but I didn't really want to use any of the ones in the current DSP stacks.  I've got all my retired DSP in these paper holders (ok, a *lot* of paper holders), and each holder has labels on it with the name of each DSP and all the colors in that particular DSP.  That's OCD enough, but I went even further:  I went through and made lists of all that information sorted by both DSP name and by color, so if I know I want to use a particular DSP, I can look up what colors are in it, and conversely, if I know I want to use a particular color, I can look up which DSPs it is in.  Because that's how I roll.

I'm off to bed, thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Circle Circus
Ink:  Riding Hood Red, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Lucky Limeade, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Basic Black, Urban Oasis DSP (retired)
Accessories:  My favorite old Sizzix alphabet

No comments: