Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bold & Bright

Got your sunglasses handy?  'Cause I used not one, not two, but THREE bold and bright colors on today's card :)


Normally I might associate this color combo with Halloween, but it looks totally different and non-Halloweenie here.  When I saw the most recent sketch at Sketch Frenzy Friday, I really wanted to use that fun Rich Razzleberry print from the Sycamore Street DSP, and thus this card was born.  Here's the sketch:


I didn't make my flower touch the edge of the Daffodil Delight cardstock, but other than that I followed the sketch pretty exactly.

Thanks for stopping by today, go forth and stamp happy!

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  Mixed Bunch, Vintage Verses (SAB, better get it now if you want it!)
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Sycamore Street DSP (SAB, better get it now if you want it!)
Accessories:  blossom, 1" circle, & 1 1/4" scallop circle punches, white taffeta, Brights glimmer brads

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one bright card! But, I love it--so happy and cheerful! Great job with the sketch!

Deb said...

Wow! This is really bright and FUN!! Love the color choices! and the dsp really comes through in the flower! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Patrice Herrera said...

Bold and Brights are one of my favorite types of cards. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at SFF.

Sunflower Stamper said...

Wow Christy-bright is right! But it works very well!! Great card!! thanks for joining us again this week at Sketch Frenzy Friday!!