Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Flashback: Strength & Hope

Today's Friday Flashback stamp set is one I adore, Strength & Hope.  There are four stamps in this little set, though of course the butterfly is by far my favorite (though it is TOUGH to cut out those teeny antennae!).  So I've got a little gallery for you today and it's not all cards!


Here's a scrapbook layout from when my parents visited us when we lived in Okinawa.  I think as soon as I finish this post, I'm gonna have to go pull out some photos to scrap...I looked at my scrapbook layout gallery on SCS and I just really want to add to it now!  (Supplies for this particular layout listed here.)


Here are a couple of name frames I made.  That Bella Rose DSP is still some of my very favorite, and I have a *lot* of DSP.  *giggle*


Here's more Bella Rose DSP and a CAS card.  If I ever draw Baroque Motifs as the Friday Flashback stamp set, that post is gonna be a mile long.  I love that giant swirl!


I made this for a friend of mine who was battling cancer when I sent it to her (I think the stamp set sales went to benefit cancer research of some kind).  Sadly, my friend lost her battle at the age of 31, but I still think of her every day and miss her always.


I think this is my favorite card I've made with this stamp set; that stamp I used on the border is part of Strength & Hope and the sentiment is from my fave Fabulous Phrases.  And for once I didn't cut out those stinkin' butterfly antennae!



So here's today's card.  It's a bit muted compared to the previous card, but I kinda like it.  I think Sahara Sand is my favorite pale neutral; I know everyone else is crazy for Crumb Cake but for me, Sahara Sand is where it's at.  The sentiment on here is from the also-retired set Friendship Flowers; I thought it went with the theme of Strength & Hope.  And there's that Cast-a-Spell DSP that I'm using once again for not-Halloween stuff :)

Thanks for joining me for today's Friday Flashback, have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies for last card:
Stamps:  Strength & Hope, Friendship Flowers (both retired)
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Perfect Plum, Rose Red
Paper:  Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Cast-a-Spell DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Dimensionals

2 comments:

Tanya said...

One of my favorite stamp sets too. I looove the last three cards you've shown here. Very sorry about your friend....

Vicki Burns said...

Love that stamp set, too! Tough I must admit I refuse to cut out the antennae!

Nice shout out for Neelu. (Hope I pulled her name correctly. My apologies if not.)

Xoxo