Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Flashback: Echoes of Kindness

Welcome to another Friday Flashback!  Today's randomly-drawn stamp set is Echoes of Kindness, which was a hostess set some while back with three stylized floral images and one beautiful Mother Theresa quote.  I admit, a lot of times I don't use the hostess sets too often (though I seem to acquire quite a few of them), so I only have one card in the archives:


I made this one for a swap back when hostesses could order hostess sets as a sneak peek before the new catalog came out.  The flower image is stamped on Whisper White cardstock and then the sentiment is stamped on vellum held in place on top of the flower by the ribbon.  I remembered I had done the vellum with this stamp set, but I didn't remember the color combo (for some reason I thought I had used pinks) and then it turns out that today's card has pretty similar colors and the same idea for image/sentiment placement:


This time the flower and the sentiment are stamped on the same layer, this card is pretty CAS (and another SCS sketch challenge knocked out, yay).  I chose this flower because it kind of looked like an iris to me, and the first flowers my hubs ever bought me were irises.  I used up some scraps of retired monochromatic DSP in Certainly Celery (I so want that pattern back, I love it!) and Lovely Lilac.  Sadly, in the last color renovation SU! was overzealous in pruning back the purple shades and now Lilac and Almost Amethyst are gone.  Sad face.  But I've still got a little stash of cardstock in those colors.

Thanks for stopping by for today's Friday Flashback!

Supplies (second card, all SU!):
Stamps:  Echoes of Kindness
Ink:  Old Olive, Lovely Lilac, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Almost Amethyst, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, retired DSP in Certainly Celery & Lovely Lilac
Accessories:  Curly Label punch

No comments: