Monday, March 18, 2013

Tidal Thanks

Howdy, folks!  Today I found myself in need of a thank you card and somehow I forgot to look in my card stash first, so I made something new.  My MIL sent me a package containing linens that belonged to my husband's grandmother...I was confused at first, thinking bed sheets, but they're actually like table runners with crocheted accents.  So I thought I'd send MIL a thank you card, and I know how much she likes the ocean (as does my husband), so here's what I made:


Unfortunately that button will make it impossible to mail in an envelope because our postmaster is super picky, so I'll just have to buy some British Easter candy and mail a little package off.  I'm sure MIL will be sad to hear that ;)  This card came together PDQ thanks to Freshly Made Sketches:


I stuck pretty close to the sketch this time, don't you think?  I also picked a past SCS color challenge and this card was done in a flash.

Thanks for stopping by today, I'm off to buy some Easter candy!

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  By the Tide, Perfectly Penned
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Soft Suede
Paper:  Pool Party, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Comfort Cafe DSP, In Color DSP Stack
Accessories:  Neutrals button, Pool Party baker's twine, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect coral background DSP! Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a lovely thank you card! I love the ocean look! Makes me want to be by the ocean right now!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!