Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Flashback: Pretty Peony

Wow, it's time for a Friday Flashback again already!  Today's randomly-chosen stamp set is a good one, and one I've used a lot so this is a long post :)  Let's take a flashback to Pretty Peony!  Oh wow, no posts in that gallery since 2011?  We're about to change that.


So this is from before I learned how to tie knots where they don't stick out all akimbo like that, but I still like this card.  I also used Sanded and Sweet Serendipity (both retired).


Here's another super-simple layout with one of my favorite colors:  Elegant Eggplant.  The other color is Close to Cocoa, which I still miss.  I remember being kinda surprised how well those two colors worked together when I did this card. The sentiment is from longtime favorite Sincere Salutations (retired).


I made a set of these for a friend of mine as a farewell gift (her first initial is S).  Kind of in love with this stamp set. I also used French Script (retired) for the background and the initial is from Lovely Letters.


Here's the Mother's Day card I made a couple years ago, again with Lovely Letters.  I love these peonies in all kinds of colors!


Made this for my SIL's November birthday a couple years ago, so I went with fall colors on this one.  The sentiment is from Heard from the Heart.


Hey look, I've also used Pretty Peony on a scrapbook layout!  It's a bit of a pain to cut out the flowers and leaves, but I've done it a couple times.  So those were all the Flashback pics, here's a new one!


The color combo was a challenge on Still Addinktive recently but I didn't get a chance to play at the time, so I was excited to use these colors today--Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, and Rich Razzleberry.  I was flipping through my binder looking for a sentiment to put on this and came across Elegant Cheer and thought perfect!  The card came together pretty fast thanks to the Nacho sketch challenge:


Hope you enjoyed today's Friday Flashback!  I had fun revisiting this particular retired stamp set today.

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Pretty Peony, Elegant Cheer (both retired)
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Paper:  Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Haiku DSP & Pretty in Pink DSP (both retired)
Accessories:  Dimensionals

1 comment:

Anne Hayward said...

Such a bright and cheery card! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos.