Thursday, March 7, 2013

Oh, Baby!

I went out to lunch with some friends today and found out that one of them is pregnant...with TWINS!  So as soon as I got home (after I called the boiler man because my house is freezing and that's an amusing story I will probably share on my other blog) I made her a congrats card.


She won't find out boy/girl for another six weeks at least so I thought this week's Splitcoast color challenge might be good since it's blue *and* pink.  I wanted to put something in on the card base, a background stamp or something, but then I decided to go more CAS and leave it as-is.  I used the soon-to-be old Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch (new SFF sketch tomorrow):


Slightly modified, because how often do I actually get it 100% right.  Anyway, since the new mommy-to-be is one of my few really good friends here in England, I suppose I shall soon be back in production on baby books.  I'd had this goal this year to do 100 pages (so, 50 double-page layouts) for OUR scrapbooks, but so far I've only managed two pages...


And there they are!  It felt so good to be back to scrappin', so I need to figure out how to balance my card-making, scrapbooking, baby book production, reading, and cross stitching time (thank goodness classes are done with).  I can't have any more hobbies, though I would love to learn how to quilt, I don't think I should add anything else in here!  This layout was interesting--there was so MUCH red in the photos that I wanted to do a more neutral background so that red could pop, so I ended up with Night of Navy, River Rock, and Garden Green, because Okinawa is all Garden Green.  Yep, these pages are from 2008...I'm way behind, BUT I shall never be bored!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies for the card, all SU!:
Stamps:  Ciao, Baby! and Button, Button
Ink:  Primrose Petals, Bashful Blue
Paper:  Bashful Blue, Raspberry Ripple, In Color DSP
Accessories:  Primrose Petals ribbon, 7/8" scallop circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, Dimensionals

Supplies for the scrapbook pages:
Stamps:  Rough Type
Ink:  Night of Navy
Paper:  Night of Navy, River Rock, Garden Green, Holiday Treasures DSP I think?
Accessories:  Sizzix alphabet

8 comments:

Patrice Herrera said...

I am sure your friend will love this little card!. Congrats to your friend too BTW! Thanks for joining us over at SFF this week.

Alexis said...

Awe come on...there's always room for more hobbies! I pretty much do all that plus sewing, crochet, knitting... Of course it's all done in small bursts, but still! ;-). Anyways, great card and I love the layout! I haven't done any scrap booking since my son was born and I miss it. So...MORE!

Kim Innis said...

Great card for twins with the two oh baby punches! Thanks for playing with us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Tammy said...

Great color combo!! She'll love it!

Deb said...

Cute baby card! How clever to make it pink and blue! Maybe she will have one of each - lol! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

inkedx2 said...

Fun card and you are right it can be used for a boy or a girl. Thanks for playing with us last week at SFF, Hope you will play along this week.

Vicki Burns said...

Looking at your scrapbook pages motivates me. Always love your layouts!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card-your friend will love it! Really like the colors! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!!