Thursday, July 30, 2015

Awesome Superhero

You know what?  I love superhero movies.  So of course I had to get Calling All Heroes when it was released, even though I haven't used it much.  Had to dust it off for today's card.


I have some trouble with photopolymer stamps and the new firm foam ink pads sometimes; my pads are still relatively new and really, really extra juicy which sometimes makes for uneven edges on the solid stamps like this.  I wish I'd used the retired Starburst Framelits for behind my superhero instead of a plain circle, but I didn't think of it until I already had the Dimensionals on the regular circle so it is what it is.

I used the current sketch from Freshly Made:


And this superfantastic color combo from the Color Throwdown:


Love those colors!  That's it for me today, peeps.  I've got several things I want to do today so I'd better get a move on.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Calling All Heroes, Flower Patch
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Accessories:  Banners & Circles Framelits, 1 3/4" circle punch, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Unknown said...

super cute =-D .
when my pads are really "juicy" i take a plastic spoon and rub and push the ink in a little more. it seems to help.

Vickie Z said...

cute card and great use of the challenges. thxs for joining us at CTD!!

Kim S said...

A great use of the sketch. The superhero is the star of the show - with the stars on the pennant being a great backdrop. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Broni said...

Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Karren said...

Great job combining challenges! The superhero image is so fun and looks great on the circle die! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Joan Ervin said...

Your superhero is sooo cute, Christy, and I love the awesome sentiment!!!! Great take on both challenges!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!