Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday Flashback: Simply Stars

Happy Friday, peeps!  I hope lots of you have this Friday off to make for a long Independence Day holiday weekend.  Today's Friday Flashback is themed appropriately:  I grabbed a whole handful of stamp set names for the next 20 Flashbacks or so, and I was happy that Simply Stars was one of them so we get to be starrily festive today!  My sister-in-law and both my parents have July birthdays, and they all love stars and stripes, so this just worked out all around :D  Let's get started!

Also features Perfectly Penned
Uh, you know you're going to see a whole lot of red, white, and blue today.

Also features July Fourth
And some turquoise!  Because fun.  This was a layout from the last set of baby books I made, which was two years ago.  I'm about to start another set, which is also for twin boys.

Also features Perfect Pennants
 I love bright orange and blue together :)

Also features Banner Greetings
Pretty sure this was for a sketch, and I like using the negative shape from the circle Framelit so the patterned paper peeks out.  I should do that more often.

Also features Words of Courage
One more stars and stripes card...

Also features Perfect Pennants, Positively Chevron
And last (and probably also least), this one that has way too much Soft Sky.  I dunno, Soft Sky just kinda looks dirty to me sometimes.  So are you ready for today's new creation?  Here it is!


Now I just need to decide which of my July birthdays gets this card, I think it would work for all three of them :)  Oh, see the striped paper?  Originally it was horizontal stripes (or vertical, depending on how you hold the paper) but I wanted angled stripes, so I did a little creative paper trimming.  Just what I was looking for!

I used this week's monochromatic color combo from Colour Me...!

And I used last Saturday's Retro Sketch:


Though of course I replaced the bow on the sketch with my star element.  Oops, I just noticed that the ribbon was supposed to extend to the edges of the card.  Too late now...

That's it for me this week, peeps.  Have a wonderful holiday!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Simply Stars, Word Play
Ink:  Real Red, Early Espresso, Tip Top Taupe
Paper:  Real Red, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Cherry on Top DSP Stack (what?  It's the only current DSP I have)
Accessories:  large star punch (retired), Early Espresso taffeta ribbon (retired), rhinestone, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Fun!! :) My son has a July birthday and has always loved stars too! :)

Unknown said...

Love how you improvise to get the angled stripes. Lovely bright red! Thank you for playing with Colour Me...! this week.

Kim Heggins said...

So much fun...so many wonderful creations too. Love them all! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!

CCsMom said...

LOVE the stars! Best shape ever. Great cards, Kik!