Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Nachos: Dragonfly Friend

Happy Tuesday, Nacho fans!  This week, the Nacho Average Challenge team brings you a cool color challenge:


I admit, I had to put on my thinking cap for this one.  I like any two of those colors together, but I wasn't real sure how to combine all three.  Eventually I came up with this:


Uh, I'm kinda in love with that dragonfly.  I added a fair amount of Tip Top Taupe to my card because I needed a neutral in there.  The patterned paper hexagons are of course from the Cherry on Top DSP because I still don't have any other new DSP :D


I covered the dragonfly with Dazzling Details, so it's all glittery and shiny, but I think it might have been better to use Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  Notes for next time, right?


Even after I had the idea for the hexagonal background, it took me at least 20 minutes of fiddling to figure out how I wanted to arrange them, and I started out with a horizontal card instead of vertical.

So now it's your turn!  Be sure to upload your creation to the Nacho Average Challenges blog.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Awesomely Artistic
Ink:  Pacific Point
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Calypso Coral, Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White, Cherry on Top DSP
Accessories:  Hello You Thinlits, Dazzling Details, hexagon punch

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I like that. That is the way I plan to use my hexagon punch, too. It's a neat design!!!