Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Unicorns are Awesome!

Morning, peeps!  I'm sitting in front of the computer with four cups of tea in front of me.  While the hubs is away this week, I decided to empty out the tea cabinet and taste-test all the ones I don't drink very often to make sure I actually like them...and even with tasting 10+ different teas per day, it's going to take several more days.  Why no, I don't have a hoarding problem, whatever do you mean?  I am staying ridiculously well-hydrated though, which means I have a new hobby.

So, today's projects require a bit of explanation.  My friend Ashlea somehow came to the conclusion that every single movie I watch has unicorns in it.  Granted, two of my favorite movies as a kid were The Last Unicorn and Legend (the old Tom Cruise unicorn movie with Tim Curry as the devil), but by no means do *alllll* of my favorite movies feature unicorns.  But anyway, every time I talked about a movie, Ashlea's first question was does it have unicorns in it.  It's now a running joke.  She even told me that Ruby Rhod in The Fifth Element is a human unicorn because of his hairdo in one scene...


Well, when her ridiculously adorable daughter turned one, I couldn't resist...


Shout out to my friend Tiana, who cut out a couple dozen unicorns for me out of different colors using her Silhouette.


Oh yeah, I decorated the bag too.


So what did this bag contain?  A set of five plush unicorns with their own castle and The Last Unicorn on BluRay.  Just to make sure that baby girl grows up with unicorns in her life, because that is a necessary ingredient for a great childhood.  Her parents cracked up when they saw the bag and again when they opened everything for her.  WIN.

Well, my teas are getting cold.  The chocolate one is better than I expected...cheers, peeps!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Perfectly Penned
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Silver Glimmer Paper, various cardstock from my friend Tiana
Accessories:  Circles Framelits, rhinestones, die cut unicorns from my friend Tiana

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

How cute. I bet you even MISS that little girl! Admit it . . . she is adorable.

Great job, Kik!