Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Awesomely Artistic is Awesome

New toys, squee!  What with all the chaos (and expense) of moving, I only ordered a couple of things from the new Stampin' Up! catalog to meet my minimums for the last quarter, and one of the sets I got is the appropriately named Awesomely Artistic.  Take a look:


I used four of the stamps from the set on this card:  the dragonfly (isn't he beautiful?), the splat, the "Friend" stamp, and the larger floral stamp that I used as a background.  Oh yes, this stamp set and I are going to be great friends.  I also ordered Watercolor Wings and the matching Framelits, but I haven't played with them yet...that's on my to-do list for today :D

So, for today's card I used the color combo from Fab Friday:


I chose to work with just three of the In Colors, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, and Tip Top Taupe.  I hadn't done hardly anything with Delightful Dijon yet.

I think that all the splatters qualifies this card for the Inkspirational grunge challenge:


And I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch:


Tilted panels seem to be all the rage right now.

Well peeps, that's it for me today.  I've got several things I want to work on today, like working on my personal cookbook (not to publish, just typing up and printing all the recipes I use so they're all in one place...uh, it's mostly cookies) and maybe starting on some more baby books.  Not to mention busting out those butterfly stamps.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Awesomely Artistic
Ink:  Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe, Delightful Dijon, Whisper White
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe, Delightful Dijon, Whisper White
Accessories:  Circles & Deco Labels Framelits, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card! Love all those ink splats! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

CCsMom said...

Love the splats AND the colors! Very nice.

cm said...

Yes, the butterfly is beautiful, especially in the way you've showcased him here. The splats, the colours, the design...grunge-gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
~c

Pia Larsen said...

Super sweet and gorgeous card. Love the beautiful dragonfly.
Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational Challenges. Hope you will join us again for our next fun challenge :-)
Pia xx