Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Kind Butterfly

I'm running out of names for butterfly cards.  I mean, I try to give each blog post a name that has something to do with the card (or scrapbook layout, or whatever) that I'm sharing, but it's getting tougher to come up with unique names for butterfly cards.  'Cause I love the new Watercolor Wings butterfly stamps.


Even though I can't get the butterfly body on there straight even *with* a Stamp-a-ma-jig.  I'm special like that.  Anyway, since Watercolor Wings is brand new and it is a current favorite, that qualifies this card for the challenge over at SUO Challenges to use favorite new stamps.

I also used the brand new posted today sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


I looked at several color challenges, but none of them were speaking to me today so I ended up using a color combo I had sitting out on my stamp table for a baby book layout.  The butterfly is stamped with Crushed Curry (stamped off twice) and Calypso Coral, with a Marina Mist die cut on top.  Later this afternoon I'm going to work on the baby book layouts with that same color combination :)

That's it for now, peeps.  I've gotta get to the grocery store.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Watercolor Wings
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Marina Mist, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Marina Mist, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Cherry on Top DSP
Accessories:  Bold Butterfly Framelits, Dimensionals, rhinestones

8 comments:

CCsMom said...

Yet another trip to Wegman's, eh? Too funny. Can't wait to see this place.

Very beautiful card. Looks like your favorite thing is the butterfly. I do like those, too. Brings back memories of the Monarchs landing on milkweed plants in the empty lot next to our house in Porterville way back when. And catching them out in Woodville at Mimi's in all the flowering plants Papa had around their house. Good memories.

Love you and see you soon!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love this card, this set is on my wish list, truly awesome. The colors are so fresh and beautiful and your butterfly looks amazing with the Rhine Stones details.
Thank you for sharing.

Maria Rodriguez
www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i love the colors in this card. the more cards i see with this set the more i want it.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful! I love your color combo! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Julie Gearinger said...

Very pretty! Love the color combination, your wonderful butterfly and the torn edge on the DSP- great job! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this lovely! What a gorgeous combination of colours and your butterfly is just so pretty! Thanks for joining us at FMSt this week!

Julia said...

Very pretty, and there are so many butterfly ideas and challenges around at the moment too!! So glad you joined in the challenge at SUO this week.

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty butterfly and CAS card! That set and framelits sure make them easy, don't they? Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!