Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Flashback: Sweet Serendipity

Happy Friday, stampers!  It is time once more for a Friday Flashback, and today's stamp set is Sweet Serendipity, a set of six cool sentiment stamps plus a few little images.  Let's go!

Also features Bronc Buster and Flannel Plaid
 I'd say riding a bucking bronco would be an adventure, wouldn't you?


The Sweet Serendipity stamp I used on this layout says "Live each day with laughter/enthusiasm" which seemed perfect with the picture of my friend Sarah on a carousel in Florence.
Also features Pretty Amazing and Pretty Petals
You saw this one earlier this year in the Pretty Amazing Friday Flashback.

Also features Happiness Always
And this one was in last week's Happiness Always Friday Flashback.

Also features Fabulous Flowers, Sanded, Paisley
 Oh hey, Fabulous Flowers had a Friday Flashback already too.  This is still one of my favorite cards.

Also features Snow Burst and Paisley
The sentiment says sparkle, and this card delivered!  The whole top panel is covered in Iridescent Ice EP, which is hard to photograph but looks awesome and sparkly in real life.

Also features Pretty Peony and Sanded
This was the first card on the Pretty Peony Friday Flashback, and it's another of my old favorites.  I love that Sanded background stamp.   That's it for the flashback part of today's post (and the flashback to prior flashbacks, if you followed all the links), it's time to see what's new!


I had Sheltering Tree out on my table for a different project so I thought I'd use it for today's post too.  I used the Fall-To Layout #22 from Clean & Simple Stamping:


And the softer color combination from Colour Me...!


But since I was on a roll in my craft room, and there was a whole 'nother color challenge on there, I had to try the bold combination as well:


I added a bit of Sahara Sand to both color combinations, I couldn't help it :)  For this one, I also used the sketch from the Paper Players:


Hope you enjoyed today's extra-long Friday Flashback.  Have a great weekend, peeps, we're painting again!

Supplies, Sheltering Tree card:
Stamps:  Sweet Serendipity, Sheltering Tree
Ink:  Tip Top Taupe, Blushing Bride, Wisteria Wonder, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Tip Top Taupe, Blushing Bride, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder DSP
Accessories:  Oval & Scalloped Oval punches, Dimensionals

Supplies, Secret Garden card:
Stamps:  Sweet Serendipity, Secret Garden
Ink:  Night of Navy, Whisper White
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Accessories:  Secret Garden Framelits, Spring Flowers EF, ticket corner punch, Dimensionals

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

Very nice cards and layout, Chris! LOVE the colors.

It's a busy Friday for me -- two meetings to take notes on. I am looking forward to the weekend.

Love you!

Natasha said...

Beautiful projects! Thanks for playing along!

OttawaMom said...

Lovely collection of cards! I do love the sentiment on the Sheltering Tree one - fits perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us at Colour Me...!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for playing alone with Colour Me!

Tanya said...

I love the new tree card!! So pretty!!