Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Thankful Dragonfly

Mornin', peeps!  How's it going this fine Wednesday morning?

I took a break from baby books yesterday to work on some other projects, including today's card.  And you knew I wasn't going to stray far from the butterflies and dragonflies for long, right?


I do totally love this stamp set.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I was going to get it first thing.  All of the stamps I used today are from Awesomely Artistic except for the "so much" part of the sentiment, that's from Crazy About You that goes with the Hello You Thinlits.  I thought about adding some pearl accents to this, but I decided I liked it the way it was.

This awesome color combo is courtesy of the folks at Fab Friday:


Of course, I added Sahara Sand to balance out those three strong colors.

Okay, I'm off to work in my craft room again.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Awesomely Artistic, Crazy About You
Ink:  Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Accessories:  Hello You Thinlits

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh, Christy, I really like this card. It is beautiful. The colors are great and I like how those dots on the background flow diagonally through the card. Just beautiful. I really do like that thinlet saying -- are those difficult to adhere? I usually use glue, but I'm betting you have another method.

I saw SO MANY dragonflies hovering over the lawn as I mowed Monday night. I don't remember seeing them before, but they were all over the front near the corner. As I mowed from the outside in, they seemed to narrow their field of flight -- then they were gone. I think they liked the longer grassy area. Wonder what was there that interested them so much. They can be pretty aggressive, so I was surprised they didn't challenge me. Fun to watch, though!

Heather said...

Gosh, I wish we had more dragonflies here in AZ - we'll have to settle for your gorgeous card, lol! I love the layout you've used here - it really shows off all the elements and details you've brought together with such skill! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Gorgeous! Love the background and the splotches on the diagonal! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Brenda Myers said...

Very pretty card!! Love the collage, very pretty!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!!