Saturday, November 11, 2023

Crazy Quilt

Hey hey, y'all!  Ryan and I are going to a craft fair this morning at a local high school with my mom and SIL, and then he's got a birthday party to go to so it's going to be a busy day.  But I have a card to share before the crazy starts.


I started with the colors from CAS Colours & Sketches:



And happily for me, the Retro Rubber sketch is CAS, so I used that too:


I was considering the sketch in the back of my mind while scrolling through Facebook, and someone posted in a needlework group about her trip to the Texas Quilt Museum with some pictures:



The blue and red made me think of the CC&S challenge, and the pictures reminded me of the old retired Quilt Quips stamp set.  Retro Rubber wants to know the approximate age of the stamp set but for this one I just don't know, I've never used it before!  I'm pretty confident I got it before Ryan was born, so more than six years ago, possibly ten or more.  Heh.  Anyway, the two challenges swirling in my brain coalesced when I saw the quilt pictures and I finally inked up the set!  And that card went out in the mail two days ago : )

Off to the craft fair.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Quilt Quips
Ink:  Boho Blue, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Boho Blue, Real Red, Mossy Meadow Pecan Pie
Paper:  Thick Very Vanilla, Mossy Meadow & Real Red DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, Stitched Rectangles dies

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Christy, this is wonderful! I love how all that input coalesced into this card - what a gorgeous quilt! Great stamp set to have on hand, too - and love those papers! Such perfect retro choices! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

sentsue said...

Great use of that background paper we all seem to have a back-stock of. Thank you for sharing your work on the C,C & S Challenge.

Claire Grantham said...

Christy, as a quilter I really love this card, the sentiment is wonderful and I love the elegant papers backing your blocks. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time Claire DT

Nancy said...

These colours really do lend themselves to this quilting idea you had! I love it! Thanks for playing along with my choices at CAS Colours & Sketches!