Thursday, November 16, 2023

Fluffy Cotton Balls

Mornin' y'all!  I've been a busy little bee today.  Got up early, did my workout, got Ryan up for school, and then I went to THREE different stores for Thanksgiving prep.  Umm does nobody have frozen cranberries in the US??  (I ended up buying a couple bags of fresh cranberries, it's fine.)  I've got a lineup of cookie recipes on my dining room table and as soon as I finish this, I'll be starting on cookie dough.  I'm planning to give everyone who comes here for Thanksgiving a goodie bag of cookies to kick off Christmas cookie season.  Also I'm ambitious and probably crazy.

Anyway!  Here's my card for today:


I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I thought Christmas trees, but since Karren did that already I had to be different : )  And here's this week's Color Throwdown:


I used Blushing Bride, Smoky Slate (and Basic Gray), and Shaded Spruce.  The Tinsel Gems claim that they're Pretty Peacock, but I think they look a lot more green and it worked with the teensy tiny bit of green on my stamped image.  Green is my all-time favorite color so how did I end up with a card that's almost all pink and gray?

Okay, I'm off to make several batches of cookie dough.  They all have to be refrigerated for at least a couple of hours, so I'm just making lots of dough today and then I'll bake the cookies later.  Maybe this weekend so Ryan can help roll things in sugar.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Softly Sketched, Sending Smiles
Ink:  Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Stampin' Blends in Smoky Slate and Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Basic Gray, Thick Basic White, Blushing Bride & Smoky Slate DSP
Accessories:  Tinsel Gems, Sending dies, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love pink and gray! Pretty card! And your Thanksgiving feast sounds wonderful! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Vickie Z said...

Lovely card!!! How thoughtful of you to make cookies for everyone.... more ambitious than me!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Kim S said...

So perfect for both challenges. Such a beautiful image and just right for the tall panel and for the colors. LOVE your use of that sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Tanya said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors!
Buy fresh cranberries and freeze them. :) My MIL would do that so she could make enough of her cookies for all her grandkids.