Friday, November 24, 2023

O Christmas Tree

Hey y'all, did you have a good Thanksgiving?  Ours was GREAT!  We had so much food that I totally forgot to get out the cranberry sauce that I made yesterday morning when we set everything out for the feast!  I also made way too many pies and we were all stuffed.  Very, very stuffed.  It was great.

And now that Thanksgiving is over, I will start looking towards Christmas...yeah I'm one of those people who doesn't want to do anything Christmasy before Thanksgiving because I love fall.  Wait your turn, Santa!  Okay, now I'm ready.


A simple card for today for the Paper Players CAS challenge this week:


And the maiden voyage for a new stamp set, Merriest Trees.  I still had all the bear-riffic papers out on my craft table from the cards for SUO Challenges, so I decided to use the tree pattern for this card.  Lucky me that the Merriest Trees dies include a tag shape, easy peasy!  I embossed my greeting in white on a scrap of Mossy Meadow, cut out my tree and tag bits, added the ribbon and enamel dots and done.  I like the twine bow wrapped around the ribbon, the linen thread gives it a more rustic look with the trees.

I had leftover sweet potato casserole for breakfast and I think it's going to feature in my lunch and dinner options as well.  Love it!  Have a great day, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Merriest Trees
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Misty Moonlight, Mossy Meadow, A Walk in the Forest DSP
Accessories:  Merriest Trees dies, white EP, Tinsel Gems, Night of Navy Bordered Ribbon, linen thread

No comments: