Monday, November 20, 2023

Maine: Wonderland Trail

Scrappy Monday, y'all, and happy Thanksgiving week!  I baked two batches of cookies on Friday and burned two pans arguing with the ovens--yeah, I was all excited about having two ovens to use for Thanksgiving prep, but the temperature fluctuates wildly (I have oven thermometers so I can check).  After some experimentation, I've started setting the temperature in both ovens to 25 degrees hotter than the recipe calls for, and that gets close enough to bake correctly.  I baked four batches of cookies on Saturday and not only did I finish them all by two in the afternoon, I didn't burn any!  So now I have cookie gift bags ready for our Thanksgiving guests this week.  And a full schedule of things to make for the feast : )

But for now, it's Scrappy Monday and I have two layouts to share from our Maine adventures.


The Wonderland Trail is yet another part of Acadia National Park and this one was closer to the water.  Also I think that is the best picture of Missy ever, she looks beautiful : )


The beach is all rocks so of course all of the guys had to throw rocks into the water and also destroy someone else's rock tower before building their own.  Boys.


Today's water-inspired color palette:  Starry Sky, Orchid Oasis, Gray Granite, and Whisper White.  I'm glad that these In Colors were released before I did these pages because I am in LOVE with Starry Sky and Orchid Oasis with these pictures.  IN.  LOVE!  The 2022-2024 In Colors as a group are my favorite assortment that we've ever had; I've already started stockpiling cardstock and ink refills before they retire next summer.  In contrast, the 2023-2025 In Colors were my least favorite set on first look, but to my surprise I've been using them for some scrapbook pages lately.  Wild Wheat is still my least favorite, but I even managed to use it for a page base on a layout and liked it.

Anyway, I have to get the kiddo ready to go to his grandparents' house, he's staying with them until Wednesday so I can do Thanksgiving prep and not have to entertain him at the same time.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Make a Difference, Nature's Prints, Seaside Notions
Ink:  Starry Sky, Orchid Oasis, Gray Granite Stampin' Blends
Paper:  Starry Sky, Orchid Oasis, Gray Granite, Thick Basic White, Sun Prints DSP
Accessories:  Natural Prints dies



1 comment:

Tanya said...

I agree. I love the 22-24 colors and they are GORGEOUS on these pages!!