Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Miss You Bear

Mornin', y'all!  Ryan has been watching a lot of Bluey lately, so last night he wanted to play doctor like they do in one of the shows.  I was the patient and Ryan performed surgery on me, using a blunt wooden sword and a couple of Nerf missiles as his surgical instruments.  I ended up with toilet paper bandages on one leg, across my belly, and all around my throat, and he is still insisting that I call him Doctor this morning.  So that's fun.

Anyway, I got into my craft room yesterday for the first time in almost a week.  I started with a pretty simple card:


I bought Vertical Blooms in that one-day stamp sale a few months ago specifically for this miss you sentiment.  Let's start with the Festive Friday challenge:


I used natural twine, an animal, and stripes.  Does "miss you" count as a supportive sentiment?  Next up is the Paper Players sketch challenge:


And here is the Sunday Stamps color challenge to round things off:


I used Evening Evergreen, Pebbled Path, and Basic Black from the color palette.  I wanted to work in some Real Red, but once I got the card started, I couldn't figure out a place to use it, so I kept it to just green and neutrals.  I really like Evening Evergreen.

Anyway, it's almost time for me to get Doctor Ryan off to school.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Vertical Blooms
Ink:  Pebbled Path
Paper:  Evening Evergreen, Basic Black, Pebbled Path, Thick Basic Vanilla, Evening Evergreen DSP
Accessories:  Bear punch, linen thread, Rustic Metallic Dots, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What an awesome card, Christy! You did an excellent job of combining challenges. I LOVE the simplicity of the design and the neutral colors. The result is organic and very classy. Thank you for playing in my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Beautiful card! I love the bear in the corner... too cute! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Fantastic card, love the masculine feel and how you used the the sketch, plus incorporated the Inspo List items so perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at Festive Friday

Jaydee said...

Dear Patient Christy.... I just love the story of the toilet paper. Made me LOL. What a wonderful memory! Oh... and I love your card, too. I love how you kept to the neutrals and that little piece of twine on your bear is the perfect finishing touch.
So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday and the Paper Players this week
jaydee

dj said...

Masculine Christmas cards can be tough but you nailed it with this card!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Warm Winter Wishes" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! I love your masculine take on our color palette!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SSC323

Diane Evans said...

Congratulations! Your fabulous creation was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. Please hop over to the challenge blog to grab your winner’s badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again soon!