Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Sky Truck!

Mornin' y'all!  Hope your day is off to a good start.  I did get my Thanksgiving menu sorted out yesterday and I am going to be one busy baker next week!  It's ambitious, but I think I can do it.  So excited for PIE!

Anyway, I have a card to share today and I finally inked up a new stamp set I got weeks ago!  Take a look:



So, the hubs, kiddo, and I have ridden in gondolas like this in multiple countries, but the first one we ever went on was when Ryan was about two I think?  We were in Tennessee with our friends Bennet and Missy, I remember that.  So we were waiting in line to ride a big gondola up the mountain and Ryan was asking what it was, so I tried to explain it to him and eventually just said it's a sky truck (because he looooved trucks, his dad had a truck at the time, and I knew he'd understand that).  So then "sky truck" became the silly catchphrase of that trip and we still say it when we see a gondola like this!  So yeah, I tried to resist this stamp set but I just had to have it.  Also I really like the style of the trees in this set, just a fun artwork style.  And if we're moving to Colorado next year, I may be needing this for future scrapbook pages.  Or ones from being in the Alps over the last few years!

Anyway, I started with the Paper Players color combo:


I added Night of Navy as my extra color, and the Real Red and Shaded Spruce immediately made me think of the Wrapped in Plaid DSP and you know what?  I just discovered that it's Cherry Cobbler in the DSP, oops!  Well, I used Real Red for my gondola anyway.  I paired that with the awesomely layer-tastic sketch from Sunday Stamps:


That's actually my second attempt at this card, my first attempt was a little closer to the original sketch:


I just wasn't happy with the sentiment being bisected by the cables but I didn't really want to add a layer for it either.  I was thinking about it as I was trying to go to sleep last night and just decided to have another go at it this morning.  Plus I really like the adventure sentiment because in 20 years of marriage, the hubs and I have been on a lot of adventures!  Living in I think nine different houses over four states and three foreign countries and doing a lot of traveling.  I'm excited that my adventure buddy will be here for Thanksgiving next week!  He'll only be here for two days but we'll take it.

Anyway, I'm going to go get ready to get my hair cut.  Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Above It All
Ink:  Real Red, Shaded Spruce, Night of Navy, Versamark
Paper:  Night of Navy, Thick Basic White, Wrapped in Plaid DSP
Accessories:  Above It All dies, Dimensionals, Gold EP

5 comments:

Heather said...

Ah ha, Christy, this is a genius take on our sketch! I so love this set, and BOTH your designs, lol. So fun, and glad it brings up so many happy memories! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

I agree...those trees are artsy and fun!! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps. Both your holiday and adventure takes on our "Layer It" sketch are so fun!!
Deb Horst, DT #SSC322

Melissa Grant said...

Christy, both cards are great! This stamp set is perfect for the sketch. I LOVE the tree's and how full and layered you made the wood scene feel. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

Suzanne said...

Christy, What a great card. I love the addition of navy. That is such a pretty plaid. Thanks for taking part in The Paper Players challenge.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So much to love about this card Christy! Such a clever take on the sketch - I love those artsy trees too! And that paper is some of my all-time favourite (I'm totally OK with the Cherry Cobbler btw) I think the navy is a great addition to the trio. Thanks for rocking my colour challenge this week!